I’m finally getting to grips with vegan baking, and it is becoming dangerous for my waistline.
I haven’t had a brownie in such a long time, but I basically live off of Oreos as they are one of my favourite vegan treats, so I thought I’d add to my waistline anyways by making vegan Oreo brownies.
1 or 2 packs of Oreos
(depending on your Oreo needs)
1 cup of flour
1 cup of soy milk
(almond milk is good too!)
1 cup of caster sugar
(use light muscadavo sugar if you want to be less indulgent)
1/2 cup of cocoa powder
1 tsp of vanilla
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/3 cup of oil
(I’m using coconut oil)
1 bag of dark choc chips (melted)
(make sure these are vegan)
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
2. Line your baking tray with greaseproof paper.
3. Place all of your ingredients into a large mixing bowl, and mix until smooth!
4. Fold in your melted chocolate.
5. Pour your mixture into the tin.
6. Crumble your Oreos, and sprinkle on top!
7. Bake for 20 minutes (or until cooked all the way through.)
8. Leave to cool, cut and serve!
Let me know if you make and love these as much as we did, honestly all I bloody do is make these brownies. These oreo brownies are my go to ‘can you believe these are vegan?!’ dish, and 9 times out of 10 people cannot believe they are actually vegan.